Friday, August 19, 2011

Calling All Artists: Where do you like to write/create/compose?

Hey everyone! I've recently written a blog entry and discussion on my site that I would like you to participate in. Here is an excerpt:

Over the past year, I have learned to push myself to be a much more productive composer (with quite a long way to go, I must say–I am quite a procrastinator). Even so, “writer’s block” is often that #1 universal excuse to fall back on to not get work done. It evokes a sense of pity: the writer/poet/songwriter/composer/(fill in the blank here) who, as a slave to his or her own artistic language, can’t be set free, and is alone in a dimly-lit room, scribbling desperate fragments of illusive masterpieces, only to later condemn them as inferior and cast them, sailing, into a nearby brimming wastebasket, teeming with irredeemable rejects of the like.

Like many, I admit to this crippling behavior, and I understand that artists are human and can’t always be expected to produce like factories while maintaining quality and integrity with their work. However, there are many strategies to get the ball rolling and simply do what needs to be done. For me, one of these strategies is changing my work environment.

Click here for the full article and the polls.

Happy composing!

Sakari

No comments:

Post a Comment